Nobody wants an accident to occur, but accidents happen every day. For many in the agriculture industry, you could be miles away when an accident happens. Knowing what to do in the critical moments after an accident can drastically change the outcome. This Safety Alert focuses on those critical moments after a worker suffers a burn injury. Also, while reading this Safety Alert, it would be a great time to review some other items with your employees.
- Examine your Personal Protective Equipment. Do you have what you need?
- Discuss Emergency Contact information.
- Identify hazardous areas for burns.
- Identify hazardous chemicals.
- Review Safety Data Sheets.
- Examine eye wash stations.
- Examine fire extinguishers.
- Inventory first aid kits.